Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Makeup Essentials for Getting Ready in the Morning



Deciding what items to put on your face everyday can be very challenging, especially for those who are just starting out. So I'm giving a list to help solve this problem if you have one.

MOISTURIZER. The first thing that you need is a good moisturizer. A good moisturizer is the Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. You can purchase it a very affordable price. I believe its about $5 at Walmart.

PRIMER. A good primer is especially important because it allows your makeup last longer and it makes your face matte to control oil during the day. You should also have a eyelid primer to make your eye makeup stay on longer. Urban Decay makes very good primers.

FOUNDATION. I personally prefer liquid foundation rather than powder because powder clogs your pores more. Also, liquid foundation gives a lot of coverage and it is very light weight, you can barely tell it is on your face. I have tried several, but my most favorite is the Revlon ColorStay.

CONCEALER. When buying a concealer you want to get at least 2. You want one that is a little lighter than you skin tone so that you can add a highlight to your under eyes and the bridge of your nose. The other one should be your true color match. I have Maybelline Lumi Touch Concealer in honey for my highlight and L'Oreal True Match Concealer in C6-7-8 for my skin tone.

EYESHADOW. When picking eye shadows, get colors that compliment your skin tone because every color does not go with everyone's skin tones. Starting out, you should get neutral colors because no one can go wrong with neutral colors. But, eyeshadow can be very cheap to very expensive, ranging from $.99 to $80. It is very important to get eyeshadows that are rich in pigments.

EYELINER. Eyeliners come in a variety: liquid, pencil, cream, and gel. I use all four types. They just depend on my mood. I would suggest using gel because its the easiest to apply and pencils can be a little annoying sometimes.

LIP GLOSS. There are so many types of lip glosses and its so popular that I dont think I need to say anything about it :) 

I hope that this was very beneficial to all of you guys. Remember follow me if you want to stay updated and leave all comments below.

Thanks,
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment